The District minibus is available for hire by members of the Scout and Guide Movements as well as other Youth Organisations, Churches, Schools and Registered Charities.
The minibus is a Long wheel base , diesel, 17 seater (including driver)
Unfortunately it cannot be driven within the London Low Emission Zone without incurring large daily charges. it is advisable if you are are planning to take the minibus within the M25 to make sure that NO Charges will be encured
(All prices are correct as of October 2012 All prices are subject to change without notice.)
District require a £150.00 deposit cheque,(payable to Stevenage District Scout Council),to be handed to the Minibus Administrator on collection of the vehicle. This will be held until the Hirer and the Minibus Administrator check and agree the condition of the vehicle to be satisfactory on return from hire.
(up to 3 Hours)
(up to 24hours)
(up to 72hours)
(up to 7 days)
All charges exclude cost of fuel
Conditions of Use
(Updated November 2011)
- All drivers to be over 25 years of age
- All drivers to have a clean licence
- There must be a period of 2 years since passing test
- Drivers must have passed a County Assessment test (Stevenage Scouting can assess your drivers for a small charge)
- The mini bus is only to be used for Scout/Guide activities, Youth Organisations, Schools and Registered Charities and only driven by named person(s) on form
- The cost of any emergency repairs necessary during use, must be authorised by the District Minibus Administrator prior to the work being undertaken. You will be reimbursed by the District upon production of a receipted invoice.
- The minibus is not to be used for any purpose other than the transportation of people. The insurance does not cover carriage of goods
- Travel over/in rough terrain, river beds, etc. is strictly prohibited. The only exception to this rule will be access to recognised camp sites.
- The vehicle is supplied with a full tank of diesel and it is required that it is returned with the same.
- The vehicle will be kept clean and tidy inside and out at all times.
- All drivers are required to complete the daily checks.
- All drivers are required to complete the driving log form and return to the minibus administrator at the end of the hire.
- All faults are to be reported accordingly to the minibus administrator by the daily log unless in the case of point 6
- The insurance policy has a £150 excess and this will be passed on to the user in the event of an accident claim
- District require a £150.00 deposit cheque,(payable to Stevenage District Scout Council),to be handed to the Minibus Administrator on collection of the vehicle. This will be held until the Hirer and the Minibus Administrator check and agree the condition of the vehicle to be satisfactory on return from hire
Failure to comply with any of the above could result in user bearing all costs of any claims made.
For more information or to make a booking contact the Minibus Administrator